100 Public Square
Duties of the County Executive - Jim Mangubat
The County Executive is the chief executive officer for Wayne County and is the highest elected official. The Executive has the responsibilities of coordinating, processing and analyzing all County legislative measures as well as exercising a role of leadership in Wayne County government.
- The County Executive compiles a budget for all county departments, offices, and agencies, which is presented to the County Commission.
- The County Executive may examine the accounts of all county officers.
- The County Executive manages the county's payroll function of all county employees.
- The County Executive manages accounting functions such as bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- The County Executive manages the Wayne County personnel (human resources) function. This function is responsible for the legal hiring and firing of employees, recommending salary ranges and pay scales, administering employee benefits, etc.
- The County Executive manages Wayne County's purchasing function.
- The County Executive works closely with the County Attorney on all legal matters affecting Wayne County.
- The County Executive manages the county's insurance needs and liability issues.
- The County Executive sets the standard for ethics for Wayne County. He must be familiar with the conflict-of-interest laws and disclosure laws which are applicable to Wayne County and its employees.
- The County Executive works closely with the surrounding municipalities and County Chamber of Commerce in an attempt to attract new businesses and industries to Wayne County.